Thursday, January 22, 2015

Delicious Cheeseburger Wraps

It's been a few weeks so I'll fill you in on what's been happening so far in 2015,

This year is already just passing us by. First off as of January 12, Travis started his new position. It's been a big change for the two of us (a good one at that). I really enjoy having my hubby home every evening and sharing a "normal" schedule. I have been looking forward to this for 3+ years. One happy wife right here. :)

Next weekend we finally get to see if we will be receiving another niece or nephew. My brother and sis-in-law are having their first baby June 2015. I am ecstatic to say the least. I love being an aunt and cant wait to meet my new niece or nephew. I'm leaning towards girl, it would be the first girl on my dad's side. Either way a healthy baby is all that matters. We are just anxiously waiting.

Last weekend I decided to clean and organize all our closets and the garage. It was such a nice stress reliever. It's been a year since we moved in to our home and I was able to part with some items we simply don't need. 

As you can see there has been so many wonderful happenings to our lives and we know that this is only the start to a great year. Hoping more to report in the near future but for now here is a yummy recipe that we really enjoyed earlier this week.


Cheeseburger Wraps

Ingredients:
  • 1lb lean ground beef
  • Lettuce 
  • 1t dried onion
  • Tomato slices
  • 2T Ketchup
  • Mustard
  • 1T Worcestershire sauce
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • Large flour tortillas
  • Shredded cheddar cheese


Directions:
  1. Brown ground beef in large skillet. Slice tomatoes and lettuce while beef is browning. Drain any grease. Add ketchup, worcestershire sauce, minced onion and salt and pepper to beef. Stir to combine.
  2. Reduce heat to low and let mixture heat thoroughly, approximately 5 minutes.
  3. Sprinkle some cheddar cheese along with a few tablespoons of beef mixture on tortilla. Add a drizzle of ketchup and mustard, tomato slices and lettuce to the beef. Roll up tortilla (burrito style).
  4. Place wraps on skillet (or indoor grill) for 3-5 minutes flipping in between.
Much healthier version of a cheeseburger


 A great weeknight dinner option.



My sweet Stel Bel after her doggy spa day


XOXO

Mallory

1 comment: